About Nealon Park
On April 27, 1948, the Menlo Park City Council voted to rename Menlo Recreation Park, located on Middle Avenue west of El Camino Real. The park was renamed Nealon Park in honor of James J. Nealon.
Mr. Nealon was the chairman of the San Mateo County Youth Activity Committee. After retiring in Menlo Park after 48 years in the U.S. Customs Service in San Francisco, Mr. Nealon worked tirelessly to provide local boys with athletic opportunities including basketball and baseball.
The park includes an updated all abilities playground that meets the seven principles of inclusive design.
About Burgess Park
Originally a part of the Dibble Hospital Facilities and purchased in 1948, Burgess Park is one of the first city-owned recreation areas in Menlo Park. Located adjacent to the Civic Center complex, the park provides diverse facilities easily accessible to all Menlo Park residents.
About Arrillaga Rec Center
This center, complete with full kitchen and ample parking, presents a relaxing setting and is surrounded by a park that offers the following; BBQ areas, playground, pool, tennis courts, skate park, baseball diamonds, duck pond, and large grassy areas. Arrillaga Family Recreation Center offers seven rooms for rent of various sizes to accommodate a variety of activities. The Sequoia, Oak, and Elm rooms have a serene outdoor patio available for an additional fee.
About Flood Park
Famous for its large native Oak and Bay trees, Flood Park is a 21-acre retreat located in the midst of urban development. Park users have access to areas for drop-in picnicking activities, as well as more active activities such as softball, tennis, horse shoes, volleyball and petanque. There is often a high demand in the summer months by local teams for the baseball field located in the eastern portion of the park.